Travel The Globe In Style With The Samsung Saga And Samsung Renown From Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America announced the addition of two new phones to Verizon Wireless’ robust portfolio of global phones – the Samsung Renown™ and the Samsung Saga™. Both the Saga and the Renown will be available this month and boast advanced multimedia and messaging capabilities that allow customers to enjoy the nation’s most reliable network at home and wireless services in more than 200 destinations worldwide for voice and 150 global destinations for data, including South American locations. The Saga is available today in business sales channels, online at www.verizonwireless.com and by calling 1-800-2 JOIN IN. The Saga will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores for order on Dec. 1. The Renown will be available in business sales channels, online and telesales on Nov. 19 and in stores on Dec. 1.
The Saga is a smartphone that features a 2.55” advanced touch screen and a full QWERTY keyboard that provides business professionals with an easy way to send e-mail, text and instant messages. This productivity powerhouse is equipped with Quad Band GSM/GPRS capability, an optical mouse, Wi-Fi access (802.11 b/g), Opera mobile browser and Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional to keep customers connected to their offices when they are at home and abroad. Windows Mobile includes the Microsoft Office Mobile Suite so that customers can create and edit Word and Excel documents and view PowerPoint documents, as well as Microsoft Active Sync® 4.5 and Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista OS. Other features include a 2.0 megapixel camera with NightShot, microSD™ card slot for up to 16 GB of external memory (sold separately), and Bluetooth® stereo headset support.
Additional features of the Saga include:
• Built-in stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology – supports profiles: mono and stereo headset, hands free (car kits), serial port, object push (vCard only), file transfer, basic print, phonebook access and human interface device
• Microsoft’s Voice Command technology for speech recognition
• Customizable user interface
• Voice Memo
• Windows Media Player Mobile
• Organizer – alarm, calculator, calendar, notes, task list and today screen
• Dimensions: 2.44” x 4.88” x .53”
• Weight: 4.59 ounces
• Display: 320 x 320 pixel, 65K TFT, 2.55” active screen area and touch-sensitive LCD display
The Renown showcases mobile technology as a fashionable flip phone. The Renown comes with a number of features to help customers capture special moments on their trips abroad, including a 2.0 megapixel camera with NightShot to enhance the camera’s capabilities in dark environments; a camcorder; and video, picture, text and mobile IM messaging options. The Renown also supports Verizon Wireless’ V CAST Music with Rhapsody and V CAST Video services in the U.S. V CAST Music with Rhapsody lets customers transform their Renown into an MP3 player and allows customers to access more than 5 million songs and purchase full songs over-the-air. They can also download the master copy of songs to their PCs, free of digital rights management software; and sync favorite tracks, albums and playlists from their PCs to their phones using a USB cable. Before traveling internationally, customers can load up their Renown with their fav orite songs and listen to their music on long flights. With V CAST Video, customers can download or stream video clips from the best names in news, sports and entertainment.
Additional features of the Renown include:
• Global Mode – including Quad Band GSM capability
• Multiple messaging options (text messaging only for use abroad)
• 2.0 megapixel camera with NightShot
• Media Center-capable – downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
• Visual Voice Mail
• Built-in stereo Bluetooth wireless technology – supports profiles: mono and stereo headset, hands free (car kits), serial port, object push (vCard only), file transfer, basic print and phonebook access
• Organizer – Alarm Clock, World Clock, Calendar, Calculator with Converter, Stop Watch, Notepad
• microSD expansion memory up to 8 GB (card purchased separately)
• Dimensions: 1.95” x 3.87” x .69”
• Weight: 4.05 ounces
• Main LCD: 240 x 320 pixel, 262K color TFT
• Sub LCD: 96 x 96 pixel, 262K color TFT
Verizon Wireless has priced the Samsung Saga for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement after a $70 mail-in rebate. The Samsung Renown has been priced by Verizon Wireless for $179.99 with a new two-year customer agreement after a $50 mail-in rebate. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
Customers who travel abroad frequently can get the most out of their Saga and Renown by adding Verizon Wireless’ Global Value Plan to their phone. This plan offers discounted roaming charges on calls made from 130 countries for just $4.99 a month. Customers can also add GlobalEmail to their Saga, which will give them access to corporate e-mail attachments and personal or POP3 e-mail accounts in the U.S. or in over 150 destinations abroad. GlobalEmail monthly plans are $69.99 monthly access for a stand-alone data plan and $64.99 monthly access when added to any voice plan.